Sunday, July 5, 2009

A degree of acceptance

Sitting here tonight having fed Eva and going through the burping phase I can't help but let my mind wonder and the sense of foreboding of what lies ahead is daunting and overwhelming, a couple of thoughts:

Imagine realising you wife will never again come home,
Never fall asleep together,
Never argue,
Never just sit and just be together,
Share smelling the roses,
Share Eva and all that lies ahead with and for her,
Holiday together,
Share breakfast together,
Lie in bed skin to skin and just love and be loved,
Continue our adventure.

This is a hardship I wish none of you ever endure, so please today or tonight take a moment to tell your wife, partner, girlfriend, boyfriend just how much they mean to you and how you feel about them, you never ever know when you may not be able to!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen and David, There is no words to describe how sad I feel reading your blog everyday. I pray that you get more strength everyday to spend more time with each other and be strong for everyone. I still remember the days you used to crawl to the office with a smile after your illness. You are such an inspiration. I keep in touch with Wendy just to check for any updates/progress. Take care and keep well and let’s hope for a miracle…. Bye for now – Lots of love Agatha Fernando (Dräger Melbourne)

    ReplyDelete