Saturday, July 11, 2009

The day after

I awoke this morning knowing that Karen as much as I hope and expect wont walk through the door and it hurts, a pain that wont go away today or tomorrow and I doubt ever, deep inside where I feel it will always be a part of me as is Karen.
 
I don't know what today or tomorrow will bring but nothing is more certain than today Karen doesn't have cancer, she doesn't have tubes, nurses, hospitals, chemo, a body that is letting her down, today she can go to the gym, enjoy red wine and have the option to do whatever she wants as opposed to the restricition imposed on her by the cards we were dealt, knowing that gives me strength and an incredible sense of well being for it is all I could ever want, more than my need to simply have her here.







Find someone to snuggle up with Brrr... its getting cold out there

1 comment:

  1. Dear David
    I am so very saddened by your news - Karen was indeed a very special person. I am not sure if these words will help you - but i often think of them when missing my lovely mum.
    Next to you
    You cannot see or touch me
    But I'm standing next to you
    Your tears can only hurt me
    Your sadness make me blue
    Be brave and show a smiling face
    Let not your grief show through
    I love you from a different place
    Yet I'm standing next to you.
    Lesley (Drager) x

    ReplyDelete