Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our extended family

Again we get to experience another cyclone, Wilma, three in two weeks but at least we have them down pat by now, so even though we are held up in an anchorage again and cabin fever soon to be our friend we have had the most incredible visit from our extended family again, Eva is one very lucky little girl, the dolphins hung around for well over two hours and trawled the bay, it was so amazing to watch them work as a team herding up the fish and then going in for lunch, there were amongst them babies which would have been about a quarter of the mums size, learning the ropes and all that.

One bizarre thing we noticed was the dolphins on one side of the round up team had seaweed around their fins, very strange, I guess its to help but either way it wasn't there by accident and my dolphin knwoledge doesn't extended that deep to give you the encyclopedia insight. 

Eva loves them and stands on my shoulders yelling jump, jump then when they do she yells yeah and claps, very funny.

So what now, this cylone is meaant to move through pretty quickly and by Saturday afternoon things will be well on the improve so we will either head south Saturday or Sunday, the weather is meant to be stunning alol next week so we can take our time, there are a few placer I haven't been since I was a kid to hope to take Eva to do some exploring.  

Aiming to be in Kawau later next week, there is a cafe in Mansion House Bay that does dinner plate size scones and quality does equal quantity and I would love to show Eva the peacocks and wallabies, jump, jump, yeah again I am sure.  We should be in Auckland all things going to plan next weekend so will grab a marina fopr the weekend and catch up with all of you and your new additions.

Eva continues to be a good first mate but likes to eat everything I do suffice to say I seem to be going with out, one of us is getting bigger an done smaller.  she has quite the personality in a good and bad way, I couldn't be prouder.  Oh, if you are ever in Russell, one street back from main street is a very cute little clothing and homewares shop, they have some very special stuff well worth a look.

Keen to get a few runs in again so will start at the first opportunity, my knee is feeling more than a bit strange after the surgery so I want to test it out a bit before going back to the orthopod and in case I bump into any of you and end up going for a run or on a bike not keen on a good assing kicking as opposed to giving one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment