Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Being Eva

Three days to Christmas and Eva already has a stack of presents under the tree only but a few from me and a whole heap from you so thank you in advance.

Eva has taken to painting as you can see from the attached pic, and loves nothing more than making a mess, oops sorry art, the other pic is with a stunning flower windmill which Eva got for Christmas from a friend of ours Petra, she loves it, hours of fun.

Off tomorrow in the boat, not sure for how long, not sure where just good to get away and do a lot of me and Eva, I look forward to a bit of down time to confront and HOPEFULLY sort a few thoughts floating around in the old grey matter, I too often forget it was only two years ago that Karen and I had a quiet Christmas at home in Harrogate before heading to Wales for our god son Archie's christening.  Then on to London to see in the New Year, we had a few health scares on the journey which we both just put down to pregnancy.  Blissfully unaware of what was to come we were happy and proud of each other, the baby we had made in Eva and what we had faced since our first bout with cancer.

I keep pinching myself, this is a nightmare right??? It just seems to be a really long one and I am struggling to wake up, yes I still feel that way even though I am acutely aware of my reality, so to the ocean, sea air and fingers crossed some sun to heal a few wounds that have been left far too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment