Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Its the small things that seem so big at the moment

There is nothing more heartbreaking than seeing my otherwise happy, healthy baby struck down with eczema. Baby Eczema is a terrible thing for any child to go through it just looks sore and irritable so I can only imagine how it must feel, I am proud of how Eva is taking it in her stride.

We were just hoping to avoid doctors and hospitals for a while, especially as Harrogate hospital was where it all started to go wrong last December, never mind.

So if there wasn't enough to do each day I now have to bath Eva, cover her in paraffin, then a layer top and bottom of damp tights, then a layer of dry and twice daily, its called wet wrapping, man alive sometimes the hardest thing is just accepting life isn't easy, it would be good to be given a break for a change though.

But at least it can be treated and after being thrown right out of her routine today tonight will really show how good she really is, a full nights sleep once again I am sure.

1 comment:

  1. Poor little mite!If it's any consolation,David,they do tend to grow out of it.All my babies had eczema and I remember the worst part being the scratching all the time.Sounds like you are doing all the right things...

    ReplyDelete