Wednesday, July 7, 2010

An update

Sorry if I haven't been updating things much lately, the joys of moving let alone to the other side of the world, add Eva in and busy come to mind.
 
We have been doing our best to enjoy the UK before we leave and would appreciate the weather cooperating, sun would be nice, its meant to be summer right.
 
So a quick update on what's been happening, "The Tour of Italy", a friend of mine Rachelle from NZ came over and really made the trip viable, so off to italy we went, humbled by the experience, Italy is incredible, the hospitality, help, people, food, coffee and general style, culture and history are better than I have ever and suspect will ever experience again.  We flew into Milan and stayed the first night at Lago D'Iseo, a beautiful boutique hotel right on the lake and you couldn't ask for better, if we had stayed six months it still would not have been enough.
It was then off to Vicenza thanks to our great friend Mario, we stayed with his cousin Stefano who made his home ours, even his friends came over and cooked dinner for us, speechless, Vincenza is a beautiful city and famous for the architect Palladio, we fell in love with the place.
Now a day trip to Venice, probably not ideal with a baby especially as it was raining but we still had to do it, it is a special place but there are many better, the number o tourists was the biggest put off but we have been and don't really have a need to go back.
Next was Cormayeaur, we stayed at Mario's parents place in the mountains right on the boarder of France and Switzerland, the scenery was to die for, imagine sunbathing in 25 degrees with a view of the highest mountain in Europe, you will have seen the video and photos, I look forward to going back in five years time with Eva, meeting Mario and his daughter and skiing the glacier from Mount Bianco.
Time for the beach, we stayed at Rapallo a busy but stunning seaside village, mmmm the boats, envious and missing mine, the coast is busy to day the least but it was great to see the ocean and we had a really special time.
Lastly back to Lago D'Iseo for two night of relaxing, sunbathing, swimming and then home.
In summary, amazing, in love with Italy, a huge thanks to two incredible people that made it possible, Rachelle and Mario, THANK YOU from David and Eva.
 
So now, pack up and back to NZ, the time has come to be gone, I feel a need to move on and start a new life in NZ with Eva my friends and family, I will miss my friends and the UK but it feels so right, so back to Sea Esta we go and a couple of months of winter.
 
This Sunday is the 11th of July, it is one year since Karen died and so much has happened, Eva is a little girl, I am a lot less raw, we have grown together and go forward hand in hand with a smile on our faces but tears in our eyes, life can be a cruel bastard but it will not defeat us or stop Eva and I enjoying, achieving or living.
 
On a final note, since my last update three more people I know of have been diagnosed with cancer:
My very dear friend in NZ Bruce Vautier, prostrate.
Karen's best friend Angela who's mum has breast cancer.
A very special lady Freda who was the head sister at the Harrogate special care unit, she was my rock through a very tough time and is now on top of her battle with, yes you guessed it Ovarian cancer.
This upsets me more than I thought it could, and typing this I have tears in my eyes, I hope they come out the other end and Eva and I send each of them all of our thoughts, energy and best wishes to win there personal battles, today, tomorrow and for a very very long time.
I am sure at some point cancer will be more an illness we live with rather than die from and wish more than anything that all of you don't have to suffer the pain and hurt that we have.
 
Lets lighten things up, eva will be awake soon so time to sign off, oh and on Eva, mmmmmm, mmmmmmm for madam, moody, strong willed, high maintenance, cute, funny, loved, challenging, just to name a few, so yes just a woman after all, she is though my everything and is becoming more and more a cross between Karen and I, so yes I have a need to be very scared.
 
Bye for now.
 
 


Get the lastest jobs straight to your inbox SEEK Jobmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment