Thursday, February 4, 2010

Taking a less conventional path

Well you probably worked it out already, as I type this I am sitting in a bay in Whangaruru Harbour, Eva is sound asleep and the boat I have been taking the pictures from is indeed mine and Eva's.

As part of excepting the reality of my situation I decided life was far to short and Eva far too precious for me to spend my life working and putting Eva in someone else's care effectively meaning they would be bringing her up. Karen and I agreed that childcare was not for us and yes it is hard and yes I end up sacrificing a lot but that is parenthood, if I wasn't willing to be a parent then I should never have had the fun!

So where to from here, the next five years are about Eva and being the best mum & dad I can be, I can never hope to bring to Eva what Karen would but I sure as hell will do my best, hey Karen always thought I was gay!! so we will spend the NZ summer in NZ based out of Kerikeri and the NZ winter in the Islands and Northern Australia. Living and cruising aboard our boat Sea Esta, after that who knows.

You are more than welcome to join us anytime anywhere and be a part of our adventure.

We are away this time for round figures a month heading down the coast to Auckland, I will grab a marina in Auckland so I an see all of you that are in the area and introduce you to Eva, we will then head to the gulf and the Barrier before heading back north.

Well that's it for now, a few people have had expressions of shock knowing I am away on a 44 foot yacht with an 11 month old baby and hans solo, rest assured sailing is in my blood, I was born and raised to sail and Eva just adds another dimension and keeps me busy whilst doing so!

Enjoy your weekend and like I said if you ever want to spend time with us then just do it!!

Now back to my dinner and glass of red.

No comments:

Post a Comment