Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Climber

Wow, a sprinter that can go up hills, long story short my three weeks of cram training paid off combined with a very easy taper week all came to fruitiion, 1st in age group, 3rd overall in a time of 5:40:23, the elite guys were a seperate race and if you add them in as well I got 11th fastest time, not so bad.
 
I had a great day, felt amazing and without a doubt had a couple of extra people with me when it was needed, I started in the second bunch as the first was full up to its 100 quota, after 70kms I was getting a bit bored so decided if in doubt have a go and departed my bunch in search of the front one, after a bit too much effort I manged to find them and by Thames was happily placed in the front bunch and having started three minutes behind them now well and truly in good standing, all I had to do now was get over the next three big bergs and amazingly I did, even beat the poor buggers home in the small bunch sprint.
 
I though it was enough for the win but unfortunately a couple of guys had snuck away from the front bunch early on so nevermind, can't complain, it was a great day, sun with incredible views, bring on the next challenge.
 
A huge thanks to Brian and Anne for putting up with me, Boult's morning coffee brew made all the difference.


New Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.

2 comments:

  1. Are you in the 40 plus age group yet??? :)

    Well down Mr Whyman, you've proven once again that 'old farts' can go hard and go all day!!!

    I hope you're smiling, and from your note, feeling great after what sounds like a fabulous weekend!!

    Jo B

    ReplyDelete